Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 329


Thanksgiving Day, November 25, 2010 started off WAY too early for my taste. Which was, if I'm remembering correctly, 6:30am. Mom, Dad, Caleb, & Devin had to wake up to prepare for the run & since I was going with them to watch I also had to be up before the sun was. Anyways so I grabbed my camera & layered up and followed my family out to the starting line of the race, which thankfully was right outside of the hotel. It was so foggy that everything looked really cool...especially Atlanta's olympic rings by the Brave's stadium. Caleb & Devin's race started first, they ran in the 1st of 5 heats. Dad started next. Around 12,000 people ran that day in the half marathon, that's a lot of people in case you were wondering. Mom ran the first 5k ever offered & her race started last. She of course finished sooner than the guys in our group and she & I sat and watched the half marathoners finish. Caleb, Dad, & Devin eventually all came in and they all finished under 2 hours! We went back to the hotel afterwards before heading off to my uncle's house for Thanksgiving. The food was yummy & the fellowship was nice. We left and got back home as it was getting dark. We decided to watch the latest Harry Potter DVD because we wanted to go see it the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment