Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 148


Friday May 28th was an exciting day for a lot of people. It was graduation day at my high school, so congratulations class of 2010! I did not attend the ceremony because I was headed to Atlanta. I was off to see my boyfriend whom I had not seen since we got out of school. I was nervous though because I had not driven by myself through Atlanta yet but I did just fine. :) That evening we met up with a group of friends from school to head to a Braves game. Five of us piled in a car and met another friend at the Varsity to eat before the game got started. While we were eating, a storm hit and hit hard. It poured and hailed and thundered and there was lots of lightning. We weren't feeling so great about this game going on. We sat in the restaurant for a little while longer and when the rain lightened up, we got in our cars and headed to the parking lots. We parked where we could see the stadium and from what we could tell no one was in the stands. We waited and the time for the game came and went and still nothing could be seen. We debated on whether or not to stay longer or head on back to the house. We communicated with the others who were in our group but not in the car and they didn't know what to do either. So we sat around for a little longer and after looking at the radar and seeing that the weather didn't look to be clearing up we left. The five of us in the car went back to my boyfriend's house and we piled into the basement and watched a movie. Unfortunately we discovered that after we left they had started the game. That's a disappointment but oh well...at least we got to see some friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment