Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 249


Yesterday = Monday = August 6, 2010 = Labor Day.
So my day started super early yesterday. In Macon, the Labor Day Road Race is a big thing. My mom, dad, and brother were running (as usual) and I wanted to attend and watch with my grandmother (as usual). This time I somehow managed to convince my lovely boyfriend to come with me. :) So I woke up at 7:00 (am) and met Alex by my car around 7:40. We were off to Central City Park - the finishing line for the 5K road race. Grandmom met us and we sat and waited for the runners to come in. The winner of the race finished in a little bit more than 15 minutes. That is craziness - 3 miles at basically 5:00 each. Wow. Caleb's goal was to break 19 minutes so we knew when to expect him. He finished in 16th place overall with a time of 18:27. :) Dad came in a couple of hundred people later at about 23 minutes and Mom finished a couple of minutes later. I think they were at least satisfied with their results, which is good. After they cooled off and checked their finishing places, we left for Crackle Barrel for breakfast. I got sausage and pancakes and boy did they taste good. :) Alex and I said goodbye and we came back to campus. We parted ways and I went and took a long and lovely nap. The rest of the day was basically spent in the dorm piddling and working on homework. Ashley got back to campus and I helped her bring in things from her car. That night for supper, the caf & UC had closed early so Alex, Jason, Daryl, and I headed to Taco Bell. After we got back to campus, I showered and read a little bit more of psychology and was in bed by 11:00. A pretty good Labor Day I must say. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment