Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day 162


Friday June 11, 2010. I woke up at 9:00 and showered. Alex woke up then too because it was the first day of the 2010 World Cup. South Africa played Mexico and they tied 1-1. Afterwards, Caleb, Alex, & I were off into town to run some errands to prepare for my party later that day. We went to the church and got a couple of coolers and filled them up with ice. Then we went to Ingles to pick up a few things. Getting back, we put the drinks in the coolers but discovered we had to go back to church to get another cooler. So after that trip we were set. My mom was working on fixing the food to eat...she made macaroni and cheese, a broccoli salad, and a cookie birthday cake. I made a chip dip to be an appetizer. I did the final cleaning of my room and then we sat to wait for people to come. Another World Cup game was on and during it, Blake was my first friend to arrive. After the game ended, all 6 of us at the house (me, mom, dad, caleb, blake, & alex) went outside and played badminton. It was so hot outside that we became drenched in sweat. It was time to get into the pool! While we were cooling off, Cecilia arrived. So I sat around with her and talked some. Traffic was terrible coming south on 175 so it took a while longer than expected for those affected to get to my house. Rebekah was next, then Holly. We were all in the pool and enjoying the water on the hot day. Bonnie, Emily, & Jason got to the house and the people who could come were here! We enjoyed each others company and played badminton and swam in the pool. Supper was delicious and I had a lot of fun taking pictures of people hanging around. The dessert was even better and I got to open my presents. Afterwards, we played a game of Apples to Apples (which I won) and got so tired we decided it was time for bed. Getting ready we settled into our separate rooms (girls & guys) but the guys who could spend the night didn't want to go to bed so we all sat up and talked for about 2 more hours. It was quite funny how delirious everybody was getting so we decided the time to sleep had finally arrived. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment