Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 196


Today has been a somewhat lazy day. I slept until 8:30 and then read my book until around 12:00 once Caleb was awake. I finished my Winter Garden, man that was a good book. The author is really good. We all got ready for the beach but once we headed out it was high tide so back to the pool we went. I laid out a lot getting sun (hopefully) and reading a new book (Second Glance by Jodi Piccult) and jumping into the pool when I got too hot. We chilled out by the pool for a while and eventually went to the ocean once it was low tide. The tide was pretty choppy so we didn't stay out too long. Dad and I came on back into the house and after everybody had showered, we went to eat on Saint Simon's Island again. We ate a Barbara Jean's (a place we'd eaten before on another beach) and I ate "she crab" soup and a crab cake. All was very yummy. I bought some pearl earrings at a local shop (I had lost one of mine =/). We went and tried to watch the sunset off of a pier but it didn't really do much, though what we saw was pretty. :) Tomorrow is the last day on Jekyll Island, it's kind of sad how fast this vacation went by.

No comments:

Post a Comment