Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day 198


Yesterday, we woke up at 6:00...well I woke up then, and then woke everybody else up. We all got dressed and I grabbed my camera and we were off to try to watch the sunrise. We walked to driftwood beach and kind of just walked around waiting for things to happen. I was starting to get anxious that nothing would happen because there was still the very large cloud on the horizon that blocked the sunset on Friday night. As it turned out, the cloud did block all of the beautiful color but I got a neat silhouette of some people walking in front of the golden sun rays. After, we went back to our condo and packed up all of our stuff. After everything was in the vehicles, and we had triple checked that nothing was left inside, we were off to Savannah. We drove probably about an hour or so to get there. Once we had and after we found a parking place, we found riverstreet and went in search of Savannah Sweets. It was so hot outside it took no time at all to start sweating. I made a fool of myself by trying to walk on a slanted walkway in slick shoes so I fell down. I didn't hurt anything (me or my camera) thankfully so we were off again, mom holding my arm to make sure I didn't fall again. We walked into one of the sweet shops, got some samples of pralines, and walked to the next shop. Here, we bought waters, pralines, turtles (gophers there), taffy, some basic candy, and one chocolate covered strawberry for me. Yeah, we got a lot, but it's so yummy, how can't you? So we went back outside and ate a couple of things and drank the water. We went back to our cars and then were off to Newington, Georgia. Newington is the little town where I grew up. (I was actually born in the neighboring town of Statesboro because there was not hospital in Newington.) My dad had called some of his friends still in Newington to gather some people from when we lived there so we could have a little reunion. We left Newington when I was about 3 so I don't remember much at all, but it was still good to see people and tell stories about the good old days. Dad toured the church after we left the gathering and then we went to Statesboro to stay in a hotel before we were off to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment