Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 232


Friday. August 20th, 2010. Move In Day. I woke up at 7:00, ate breakfast with my family before they were off to work and school, and drove Caleb to school. I continued packing things when I got back home and I was almost finished with things by 1. Around 1, Dad got home and we were off to Mercer to help arrange my room with my roommate, Ashley, who had already been there for a few hours. We really didn't do much but we got some ideas for how to arrange my stuff once it was in the room. Alex was arriving at this point so Dad and I helped Alex, his mom, and one of his roommates move all of his stuff into his room from the car. He sure did bring a lot of stuff haha. After we left his room and Mercer, Dad and I headed back home. He went back to work and I kept doing small things around the house and gathering other little things I had forgotten earlier. Once Mom got home from work we sat around some and started bringing my suite cases down stairs so they could be one step closer to the vehicles for transportation to Mercer. Dad picked Caleb up from cross country and we loaded the luggage, random appliances and decoration into my car and Dad's truck. Caleb hopped in the car with me, and Mom rode with Dad on the way to Mercer. We parked and I texted Alex saying that we had arrived. Mom, Dad, Caleb, and I took the first load up to my room and after making it back to the truck, we found Alex, his mom, and one of his roommates standing by the vehicles so we did have some extra hands to carry everything up to the third floor. After everything was unpacked, we began the slow process of putting everything away. When it was time to eat, a huge group of 12 of us went to Olive Garden. Though the wait to be seated was longer than desired, the food was good as well as the fellowship. We made a quick trip to Target and then Mom and Dad dropped me and Ashley off back at our dorm. I told them goodbye and was sad to see them go. :( I continued on the fine detail work in my room for a while and then went a saw Alex's room that he had been working on. I was definitely glad to be going to bed after a long day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment